Today I’ve learnt several valuable things which I want to share with you. I was going to write a post about risotto, so anyone looking for that, apologies, it’s coming soon.
- Do not start driving with your music on so loud that you may not hear faults with the car.
- Do not start a journey with a phone which is, essentially, out of charge. Especially a smartphone which can barely handle a 2 minute phone call without giving up the ghost.
- Do not wear shoes you can’t run in.
- Pasta bakes which don’t require precooking the pasta do not take 35 minutes. They take over an hour.
- Do not unclip your space bar if you don’t know how to clip it back on again.
On the positive:
- People are mostly friendly and helpful.
- If your car breaks down and dinner takes an hour, you have a legitimate reason not to do an exercise session.
- If you can remain cheerful in the face of the above, you know you’re in a good place.
- The moment when your car breaks down and you call your partner, instead of your dad, is a revelation.